Sign up International Trade Weeks Webinars and/or download past session presentations and recordings below
Join us for TWO WEEKS of online presentations from U.S. federal agencies & learn about current federal regulations and updates, classification, and essential import/export information.
New for 2023 - We will have sessions from U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Headquarters Offices, CTPAT, Fines, Penalties & Forfeitures, and Centers of Excellence and Expertise (Centers). The Centers serve as resources to the broader trade community and to CBP’s U.S. government partners. Center personnel are strategically located at the Ports of Entry across the nation to perform post-summary processing of entry summaries, answer questions, provide information and develop comprehensive trade facilitation strategies to address uniformity and compliance concerns.
We will also have webinars from other government agencies to include Food and Drug Administration (FDA), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS), Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) and Department of Transportation (DOT).
Webinar topics will encompass CTPAT, Forced Labor Enforcement Overview, E-Commerce, Broker Regulatory Updates, IPR & Trademark Policy, U.S. Plant Pest Pressures, Importing Alcoholic Beverages into the United States and many more.
- Agriculture & Prepared Products: Managed by the Miami Field Office, specializes in agriculture, aquaculture, animal products, vegetable products, prepared foods, beverages, alcohol, tobacco or similar industries.
- Apparel, Footwear & Textiles: Managed by the San Francisco Field Office, specializes in wearing apparel, footwear, textile mill products, or similar industries.
- Automotive & Aerospace: Managed by the Detroit Field Office, specializes in automotive, aerospace, or other transportation equipment and related parts industries.
- Base Metals: Managed by the Chicago Field Office, specializes in steel, steel mill products, ferrous and nonferrous metal, or similar industries.
- Consumer Products & Mass Merchandising: managed by the Atlanta Field Office, specializes in household goods, consumer products, or similar industries and mass merchandisers of products typically sold for home use.
- Electronics: Managed by the Los Angeles Field Office, specializes in information technology, integrated circuits, automated data processing equipment, and consumer electronics.
- Industrial & Manufacturing Materials: Managed by the Buffalo Field Office, specializes in plastics, polymers, rubber, leather, wood, paper, stone, glass, precious stones and precious metals, or similar industries.
- Machinery: Managed by the Laredo Field Office, specializes in tools, machine tools, production equipment, instruments, or similar industries.
- Pharmaceuticals, Health & Chemicals: Managed by the New York Field Office, specializes in pharmaceuticals, health-related equipment, and products of the chemical and allied industries.
AGENDA OF SESSIONS
May 15 Opening Remarks – International Trade Weeks
10:00 a.m. Ivan Barrios, President, World Trade Center Miami
Sal Ingrassia, Miami/Tampa Field Office, Acting Director Field Operations, Customs and Border Protection
Session ONE: CBP – Agriculture & Prepared Products (APP) Center
Topic: Forced Labor Related to the APP Center
Speaker: Gary Melofchik, Assistant Center Director, Partnership
May 15 Session TWO: Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB)
2:00 p.m. Topic: Importing Alcoholic Beverages to the United States
Speaker: Ned Torres, Investigator
May 16 Session THREE: U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
10:00 a.m. Topic: Plant Pest Pressures: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow
Speaker: Richard Miranda, State Plant Health Director, USDA-APHIS-PPQ
May 16 Session FOUR: CBP – Industrial & Manufacturing Materials (IMM) Center
2:00 p.m. Topic: Antidumping & Countervailing Duties (AD/CVD) Overview
Speakers: Nicholas Bishop, Supervisory Import Specialist; Allysha Allen, Import Specialist
May 17 Session FIVE: CBP – Machinery Center
10:00 a.m. Topic: Machinery Center Importation Requirements
Speakers: Todd Q. Turner, Import Specialist; Lorena McIntyre, Import Specialist
May 17 Session SIX: Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)
2:00 p.m. Topic: Update on CPSC’s Message Set, “e-Filing”
Speaker: Arthur Laciak, eFiling Program Specialist, Office of Import Surveillance, CPSC
May 18 Session SEVEN: CBP Headquarters – Intellectual Property Enforcement Branch and IPR Policy
10:00 a.m. Topic: CBP’s Role in IPR Enforcement at the Border
Speakers: Elizabeth “Beth” Jenior, Attorney-Advisor, IP Enforcement Branch, Regulations and Rulings;
Jessica Weeks, IPR Policy Branch Chief, IPR Division, Trade Policy and Programs
May 18 Session EIGHT: CBP Headquarters – e-Commerce
1:00 p.m. Topic: De Minimis
Speaker: Christine Hogue, Branch Chief
May 18 Session NINE: CBP – Apparel, Footwear & Textiles (AFT) Center
3:00 p.m. Topic: Broker Management
Speaker: Andrew Vaz, Customs Entry Officer
May 19 Session TEN: CBP – Pharmaceuticals, Health & Chemicals (PHC) Center
10:00 a.m. Topic: Partner Government Agency Collaboration
Speaker: Sarah Sawyer, Supervisory Import Specialist
May 19 Session ELEVEN: CBP – Base Metals Center
2:00 p.m. Topic: Base Metals Center Overview
Speaker: Cesar Salgado, Supervisory Import Specialist
May 22 Session TWELVE: National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA)
10:00 a.m. Topic: Land Rover Defender Importation Eligibility
Speaker: Brian Costello, Automotive Enforcement Specialist, NHTSA, Import and Certification Division
May 22 Session THIRTEEN: CBP – Automotive & Aerospace (AA) Center
2:00 p.m. Topic: Tires and Wheels
Speaker: Christopher A. Hughes, Import Specialist
May 23 Session FOURTEEN: U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS)
10:00 a.m. Topic: An Overview of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service’s Office of Law Enforcement
Speaker: Bruce Walker, Wildlife Inspector
May 23 Session FIFTEEN: CBP Headquarters – Forced Labor Division
2:00 p.m. Topic: Forced Labor Enforcement Overview and the Uyghur Forced Labor Prevention Act
Speakers: Gregory H. Newton, Branch Chief, Forced Labor Division, Office of Trade;
Jeffrey Franz, International Trade Analyst, Forced Labor Division, Office of Trade
May 24 Session SIXTEEN: CBP – Miami CTPAT Field Office
10:00 a.m. Topic: CTPAT State of the Program – Current Efforts, Benefits, and Return on Investment (ROI)
Speaker: Raymond Monzon, Supervisory Supply Chain Security Specialist
May 24 Session SEVENTEEN: CBP Headquarters – Trade Policy & Programs
1:00 p.m. Topic: 19 CFR 111 Broker Regulatory Updates
Speaker: Kim Mack, International Trade Specialist, Broker Management Branch
May 24 Session EIGHTEEN: CBP – Electronics Center
3:00 p.m. Topic: Telematics device; Telemetry device; Fleet management device; Fleet tracker; Asset tracker; Cargo tracker
Speaker: Michael Stevens, Supervisory Import Specialist
May 25 Session NINETEEN: CBP – Fines, Penalties & Forfeitures (FP&F) Office
10:00 a.m. Topic: Introduction to Fines, Penalties, and Forfeitures
Speakers: Lorena Silva, Chief Paralegal Specialist; Sonia Hedditch, Supervisory Paralegal Specialist
May 25 Session TWENTY: Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
2:00 p.m. Topic: Foreign Supplier Verification Program Overview and Resources
Speaker: Coral del Mar Lopez, Compliance Officer
May 26 Session TWENTY ONE: CBP – Consumer Products & Mass Merchandising (CPMM) Center
10:00 a.m. Topic: Trade and Commercial Operations
Speaker: Jordan Ribis, Import Specialist